This page shows a comprehensive event schedule. Events in bold require tickets or advance registration.
Homecoming Weekend is filled with many opportunities to reconnect and build new memories with your fellow Clarke alumni and friends! Our schedule is updated frequently, so we invite you to check again soon for more updates. Please note, the events in bold require or allow for advanced registration. To register, follow the online RSVP link. This link will provide more details about all of our ticketed events.
Friday, September 30:
- St. John’s Bible & Clarke Memorabilia Viewing – Nicholas J. Schrup Library – 7:30am-5:00pm
- Whitlow Campus Store open – Student Activity Center – 8:00am-4:00pm
- The Past and Present: Experiences of Students of Color – Alumnae Lecture Hall, Catherine Byrne Hall – 3:30-5:00pm
- This program will include alumni and current students sharing their experience as persons of color at Clarke University.
- Charlotte Ashton ’71, Deborah Ashton ’72, Dede Hall ’97 and Ardell Sanders ’99 will share their experiences alongside current students.
- Discussion will be facilitated by Kate Zanger, Vice President for Student Life and Cammie Dean, Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs for Equity and Inclusion at Midwestern State University and former Director of Student Life and Multicultural Student Services at Clarke.
- Golden Celebration Dinner honoring Class of 1972 – R.C. & Celeste Wahlert Atrium – 4:30-9:00pm
- Complimentary for Class of 1972, prior Golden classes, and their guests. Advance registration is requested.
- Mississippi River Happy Hour Cruise – Catfish Charlies Dock (1630 E. 16th St.) – 5:30-7:00pm
- Boarding begins at 5:10pm. Boat will leave promptly at 5:30pm
- Limited tickets available! Open to the first 75 registrants
- Tickets cost $25 and includes admission to Clarke Social
- Appetizers and tap beer included. Cash bar and other drink specials available.
- Clarke Social – Catfish Charlies (1630 E. 16th St.) – 6:30-9:00pm
- Tickets cost $10 and walk-ins are welcome
- Appetizers and first drink included
Saturday, October 1:
- Clarke University Organization of Student Physical Therapists (COSPT) Fall Fun Run – Kehl Center
- 5K Run/Walk event
- Registration opens at 8am with run beginning at 9am
- Homecoming Registration – Mary Josita Hall Lobby – 8:30-9:30am
- Whitlow Campus Store open – Student Activity Center – 9:00am-4:00pm
- Blue & Gold Visit Day for prospective students – Click for details and to register – 9am – 1pm
- Alumni Recognition Breakfast & Distinguished Alumni Awards – Mary Josita Dining Hall – 9:30am
- Tickets cost $10
- CareerPLUS Presents: Rebuild a Positive Workplace & Team Culture Post-Pandemic – The Importance of Fun, Learning & Engagement – Fabiano Conference Room in R.C. & Celeste Wahlert Atrium – 11:00am-12:00pm
- As employers and employees navigate a return to the office post-pandemic, most are exploring how to rebuild and bolster a positive and engaging culture. Add to this the great resignation – and the imperative to engage and retain employees has never been so stark! During this interactive workshop, participants will complete a short assessment to gain insight into the current levels of engagement in their workplaces / teams and explore different activities to create opportunities for fun. As a group, we will select one activity to try out together, and then discuss the benefits of a fun workplace and the positive impact of learning together. This session is sponsored by Clarke’s Institute for Professional Excellence and will be led by Clarke’s Business and Community Liaison and faculty of CareerPLUS.
- Self-Guided Tour of Campus – Maps in R.C. & Celeste Wahlert Atrium – 11:00am-3:00pm
- Reunion Class Photos – R.C. & Celeste Wahlert Atrium – Begin at 11:30am
- History & Heritage Tour of Campus with Professor Emeritus Norm Freund – Welcome Desk of R.C. & Celeste Wahlert Atrium- 12:00pm
- Alumni & Friends Tailgate Party – John & Jane Kiefer Athletic Operations Center – 11:30am-1:30pm
- Tickets cost $10 and walk-ins are welcome
- Includes lunch and variety of beer and seltzers
- St. John’s Bible & Clarke Memorabilia Viewing – Nicholas J. Schrup Library – 12:00-6:00pm
- Clarke Pride Football Game v. MidAmerica Nazarene Pioneers – Dalzell Field – 1:00pm
- Faculty Art + Design Exhibition – Quigley Art Gallery – 1:00-3:00pm
- Alumni Welcome Concert – Jansen Music Hall – 3:00pm
- Athletics Hall of Fame – Jansen Music Hall – 5:00pm
- Alumni & Friends Happy Hour – Dimensional Brewery (67 Main St.) – 5:30-7:30pm
- Tickets cost $10 and includes two drinks. Walk-ins welcome
- Silver Reunion Celebration for Class of 1997 – Backpocket Brewery (333 E. 10th St.) – 6:00-10:00pm
- This event is complimentary to members of the Class of 1997 and their guests. Advance registration is encouraged for planning purposes.
Sunday, October 2:
- Alumni Mass Breakfast Social – R.C. & Celeste Wahlert Atrium – 8:30-9:30am
- Alumni Mass & Candle Lighting Ceremony – Sacred Heart Chapel – 9:30am