Transfers are welcome!
Put your previous learning to work for you!
An official credit evaluation will be performed for each transfer applicant as soon as a completed application and official transcripts are received. A copy of this evaluation will sent once completed.
- Cumulative college grade point average of 2.5 (4.0 scale).
Requirements for online RN-BSN click here.
Application Process for Transfer Students
- Submit official transcripts from each college attended regardless of whether credit was earned.
- Submit a high school transcript showing graduation date and cumulative grade point average. If you have a college degree (associates or bachelors), the high school transcript is not required for the admission process. However, you may wish to provide your high school transcript to pass the foreign language proficiency requirement.
- Submission of ACT or SAT scores may be required of transfer applicants who will have completed fewer than 24 semester hours of college credit by the time they begin classes at Clarke. This requirement is waived for students who have been out of high school four years or more.
- International transfer students must comply with additional requirements, as stated under International Admission Requirements.
- Student files are reviewed individually. See program page for additional requirements.
- Transcripts and scores can be sent to:
1550 Clarke Drive
Dubuque, IA 52001-3198
Clarke University accepts applications for admission from transfer students who have attended two-year and four-year colleges and universities accredited by the Higher Learning Commission or similar regional associations. Course work completed at a school not regionally accredited will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, with ordinarily no more than 16 credits accepted. A maximum of 64 semester hours earned in a two-year institution or 90 semester hours earned in a bachelor’s degree program may be accepted provided the student is in good academic standing, i.e., has a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above. Courses with grades lower than C- do not transfer.
After a student has enrolled and transferred the maximum number of credits, no additional credits will be accepted or exchanged for previously accepted courses. Internship, independent study, test-out credit and preparatory courses are not transferable to Clarke University. At least 15 credit hours in the major field of study and a minimum of 6 credit hours for the minor must be earned at Clarke University. The final 30 hours of credit must be taken in residence.
Admission as a transfer student does not imply admission to a specific academic major. Transfer students are encouraged to consult with department faculty during the admission process regarding admission to the major. The Nursing Department requires a separate application process for transfer, RN-BSN, and second-degree applicants seeking admission.