The Clarke University Physical Therapy Department is part of the caring, learning community at Clarke University, committed to excellence in physical therapy education and dedicated to educating individuals who are prepared to contribute to society as physical therapy professionals in a variety of settings. We are part of the supportive environment that encourages personal and intellectual growth, promotes global awareness and social responsibility, and deepens spiritual values. As educators, we will play a significant role in providing continuing education to therapists in the State of Iowa as well as the tri-state region. The faculty will be active in community and professional organizations.
It is our mission to provide a supportive environment for student learning while fostering the critical thinking and ethical decision-making skills required to participate in the rapidly changing health care environment. The DPT program builds upon the values of Clarke University, including spiritual values, cultural appreciation and acceptance of diverse people and ideas.
Our faculty, students and graduates strive for a spirit of collaboration within the health care community to achieve optimum health and wellness for the clients we serve.
The student will
- Demonstrate competency and safe practice of physical therapy in a variety of practice settings.
- Utilize evidence-based clinical decision-making skills as the foundation for their physical therapy practice.
- Act as ethical practitioners and practice within the scope of the law.
- Display attitudes and clinical skills to optimize their role as a physical therapist member of the health care team and the community.
- Value, promote and improve the quality of health care through the unique and cooperative contributions of physical therapy.
- Critically interpret research related to the field of physical therapy.
- Advocate for patient rights within the current and evolving health care environment (from political, economic and cultural perspectives).
- Accept responsibility for personal and professional growth, and learn how to participate in the development of the physical therapy profession.
- Continue as life-long learners.
|Student Outcomes: 2 year average (2017-2018)|
|Licensure Exam Pass Rate||100%|