Print Monitoring Policy
- Contact Student Accounts in the Haas Administration during regular business hours to purchase more paper. It may take up to 24 business hours for the additional pages to appear in your account, so be sure to keep track of your pages. The cost is $5 for a 100-page addition.
- IMPORTANT! Your job will not print if your remaining print quota is fewer pages than your print job. Keep a close eye on your remaining quota.
- Students may not transfer any portion of their print account to another student’s print account.
- Alumni can make arrangements with the Library staff for printing as needed. Alumni will be charged 5 cents per page, payable at the circulation desk.
- Click here to access directions on how to print with your laptop or other devices.
Clarke’s Green Printing Initiative
To save trees and build campus awareness, students are now able to monitor printing and reduce paper and toner consumption.
- Each semester students get 500 free pages.
- The $ icon displays remaining quota in the system tray near the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Duplicate jobs will be deleted automatically.
- Duplex pages count as 1 page from your quota.
- Be sure to logout of the computer when you’re done to ensure that no other printing is charged against your account.
- Students are encouraged to monitor their printing habits and account balances. This practice helps to ensure good stewardship of print resources and our environment.
- Print pages do not roll over after each semester.
Recommended PC Requirements
In order to promote a successful collegiate experience, Clarke University students are required to have a laptop computer. The following list is the minimal criteria needed to ensure the laptop will work well with the university’s IT infrastructure. The Clarke Dell and Apple websites have several packages that meet or exceed the Clarke hardware requirements.
- Size: Minimum 13-inch screen (tablet, netbook, and Chromebook not recommended)
- Battery: Minimum 2 hour span
- Processor: Intel i5, AMD Ryzen 5, Apple M1 or better
- Memory: 8 GB although we recommend that you install as much memory as affordable at the time of purchase
- Hard Drive: 128GB Solid State Drive
- Networking: Wireless 802.11n capable
- Software: Windows 10 or 11, or MacOS 10.15 or higher – either will need:
- Operating System
- Data Backup
- Security: anti-virus and anti-spyware
- Warranty: Extended three year warranty
- Insurance: Accidental damage
- Backup Device or Service: For local backup, an external hard drive with double the size of the internal hard drive or a subscription to a cloud based backup solution like Dropbox
- Recovery: all computers include a recovery partition or recovery utility that allows quick restoration of the factory image should a re-installation be necessary. If such recovery utilities came on DVD, the student should have those disks with them at Clarke.
- An external DVD writer
- USB flash drive
- Ethernet cable – Length should be 10-feet to 25-feet
- An external webcam may also be useful for some applications, as well as a USB microphone and headphones
- Dongles for connecting to an external display or projection device