Advanced Standing Program
Designed for students who have earned a BSW degree from an accredited program. Students accepted into this pathway move directly into specialized-practice coursework.
- 32 credits
- 500 field practicum hours
- one year full-time, two years part-time
- Day or Hybrid Weekend Program
Bridge Program Course for Advanced Standing in Social Work
This course is developed for students who hold a BSW, but have been out of college for more than 7 years and want to earn a Master of Social Work degree. This 3-credit course will provide students with an overview of the most recent CSWE competencies and behaviors as well as review content in the MSW generalist practice curriculum. Once successfully completed, students may join the MSW program with Advanced Standing status and have the opportunity to complete their degree in just one year.
The Bridge course is 100% online.
Hybrid Weekend Program
Pursue a MSW degree while working full-time. Courses are offered in person every other weekend with additional online learning opportunities.
- 64 credits
- Year two: 410 field practicum hours
Year three: 500 field practicum hours
- Three years part-time
- Meets roughly two weekends a month: Friday evening, 6-8:45 p.m. and Saturday, 9 -11:45 a.m.; 12:30-3:15 p.m.
- Supplemental online coursework and support
Traditional Day Program
Our full-time day program, completed over a two-year period, combines classroom learning with hands-on fieldwork. Courses and most field placements are offered during weekday day-time hours.
- 64 credits
- Year one: 410 field practicum hours
Year two: 500 field practicum hours
- Two years full-time, three years part-time
- Day-time class schedule
Clarke has developed an articulation agreement with the University of Wisconsin-Platteville and Edgewood College which allow graduates from those schools to transfer up to six courses into our MSW Program at Clarke.
- Dependent on credits transferred
- 910 field practicum hours
- Duration of program varies
- Day or Hybrid Weekend format