So much to do, so little time
Stand at the Dubuque County Court House in the center of downtown and you are within five miles of:
- Illinois or Wisconsin (head just over the bridges for a great getaway to historic Galena, Ill., or Madison, Wis.).
- The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, an affiliate of the national Smithsonian Institution, with its new 4-D theater experience.
- Dubuque Fighting Saints, a USHL hockey team that plays in the 3,200-seat Mystique Ice Center.
- The Town Clock Plaza, home to free outdoor music and festivals from May through September.
- The Dubuque Symphony Orchestra and three community theater facilities.
- The Five Flags Center and the Mississippi Moon Bar which bring national touring acts to Dubuque.
- The Fenelon Place Elevator (it’s the world’s shortest, steepest scenic railway, where by day or night you’ll get a great view of the historic Dubuque business district, the Mississippi River and three states).
- Kennedy Mall, Target, Best Buy and a host of national chains – nestled between local dining and retail favorites.
- Mother Nature’s handiwork that can be viewed along bike trails, above the Lock & Dam at Eagle Point Park, at the Mines of Spain outdoor recreation and nature center or along the Mississippi river walk.
The Masterpiece on the Mississippi