Clarke University 2023 Commencement
Saturday, May 13, 2023
Graduation is a momentous occasion that honors students and their achievements. It is the culmination of many years of effort and commitment from students and their families. We look forward to celebrating your hard work with you this academic year.
Commencement Information/Cap & Gown Ordering
- CLICK HERE to complete a very brief survey that will assist Clarke with preparing for the day’s events.
- This survey asks about plans for your attendance in both the Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement ceremonies (or not), as it is important that we have the proper amount of seating for all candidates attending.
- Asks for phonetic spelling of your name for announcing at Commencement.
- Even if you are not planning on attending the ceremonies, please complete the survey to let us know.
- If you want to request additional guest seating tickets/wristbands, click here and complete the form.
- Ordering your Cap and Gown – After completing the brief survey, you will be directed to the confirmation page that lists the link for ordering your CAP and GOWN. No payment is required at the time of ordering. This cost is covered as part of your graduation fee with Student Accounts. Gowns will be delivered to Clarke University and I will notify you by Clarke email when they are available for pickup (week of Commencement).
- Complete survey and cap/gown ordering by MARCH 10 (prior to Spring Break). Orders after that date may require an additional late/shipping fee. Those who complete by MARCH 10 will be entered into a prize drawing. Prizes include two graduation fees waived, meal coupons to Café 1843, gift certificates to the Whitlow Campus Store, and more.
Friday, May 12, 2023
9:00 a.m. – Commencement Rehearsal (gather in Terence Donaghoe Hall at 8:45 a.m.). Students line up by their degree and alphabetically. Practice should conclude by approximately 11 a.m.
Saturday, May 13, 2023
|Whitlow Campus Store open
Flowers will be available for purchase in the Kehl Center between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
|Sacred Heart Chapel open for Baccalaureate Mass|
|Students and faculty line up in Wahlert Atrium for Baccalaureate Mass|
|Procession into Sacred Heart Chapel|
Sacred Heart Chapel
|Brunch is available in the Student Dining Room, Mary Josita Hall
Families are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to avoid parking and schedule difficulties.
Brunch menu will consist of seasonal fresh fruit, breakfast pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, seasoned breakfast potatoes, Clarke’s classic house salad, lemon herb grilled chicken, long grained wild rice pilaf.
Cost is $14 per adult; $7 per child 10 and under.
Purchase brunch tickets) by May 5 by choosing one of the following two options:
1. Purchase in the Whitlow Campus Store March 1 – May 5 for immediate pickup.
2. Online Credit Card orders click here by 4:30 p.m. on May 5
beginning at 9 a.m.
|Guest seating begins for Commencement Ceremony|
|Students line up in Terence Donaghoe Hall|
|Student procession to Kehl Center begins
All guests with wristbands should be seated by 1:40 p.m. Those with wristbands arriving after 1:40 p.m. will be seated after the procession has ended. Those who do not have wristbands or arrive after the ceremony has begun are welcome to view the event live-stream in the Jansen Music Hall, across the street from the Kehl Center.
Robert and Ruth Kehl Center
|Graduates will march to the Atrium front lawn following Commencement where light refreshments will be served. All graduates and guests are encouraged to meet in or near the Atrium. Please, do not make plans to meet outside the Kehl Center as this area gets very congested.|
Clarke’s Commencement Legacy Program Application Due Friday, April 14, 2023
Any student who has a parent, grandparent, sibling or spouse who is a graduate of Clarke University (undergraduate or graduate) is considered to be a legacy. Generations of families have passed on the Clarke education tradition, and we want to help celebrate by providing a blue/gold cord to the Legacy Graduates of 2023. Legacy Cords will be provided to the student and a Legacy Button provided for the parent, grandparent, spouse or sibling. These items will be provided to the student at the commencement practice on Friday, May 12, and should be worn on Saturday, May 13. If you are a Clarke 2023 graduate (December 2022, May 2023, or August 2023) and have a parent, grandparent, sibling or spouse who has graduated from Clarke, please fill out a Legacy Profile Form online. Please complete the legacy application form online by Friday, April 14.
Diplomas will be mailed to graduates who have completed degree requirements and have financial clearance*. The diploma will be mailed to the diploma address submitted with the graduation application.
In addition to a diploma, an official transcript is included. Graduates may request additional transcripts for $10 each using the online ordering process. Your unofficial transcript is available as a PDF in your CU hub account on the Academics menu.
Diplomas are mailed 4-6 weeks after degrees have been conferred.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
*Account balance must be paid in full.