Saturday, May 4, 2024
Graduation is a momentous occasion that honors students and their achievements. It is the culmination of many years of effort and commitment from students and their families. We look forward to celebrating your hard work with you this academic year.
Commencement Information/Cap & Gown Ordering
- Please complete two very brief surveys, one for the Baccalaureate Mass and one for the Commencement ceremony. These surveys will assist Clarke with preparing for the day’s events.
- These surveys ask about plans for your attendance in both the Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement ceremonies (or not), as it is important that we have the proper amount of seating for all candidates attending.
- Asks for proper pronunciation of your name for announcing at Commencement.
- Even if you are not planning on attending one or both of the ceremonies, please complete the surveys to let us know.
- If you want to request additional guest seating tickets/wristbands, click here and complete the form (you receive 6 wristbands automatically).
- Ordering your Cap and Gown – After completing the brief survey, you will be directed to the confirmation page that lists the link for ordering your CAP and GOWN. No payment for cap and gown is required at the time of ordering. This cost is covered as part of your graduation fee with Student Accounts. Gowns will be delivered to Clarke University; I will notify you by Clarke email when they are available for pickup (week of Commencement).
When you order your cap and gown, you may order (at your own cost and paid at the time of checkout) approved affinity stoles that may be worn during the Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement ceremony.
- If you are a Clarke 2024 graduate (December 2023, Mary or August 2024) and have a parent, grandparent, sibling, or spouse who has graduated from Clarke, please complete the Legacy Profile Form by April 1, 2024. Please see the form at clarke.edu/commencement.
- If you are a U.S. Veteran or are currently actively serving in the U.S. Armed Forces, the University allows you to be recognized visually by wearing a stole over your gown. Go to edu/commencement and scroll to find the form to register your military service.
- Complete survey and cap/gown ordering by MARCH 10 (prior to Spring Break). Orders after that date may require an additional late/shipping fee, which will be charged to your Student Account. Those candidates who complete the surveys by MARCH 10 will be entered into a prize drawing. Prizes include one of two graduation fees waived, meal coupons to Café 1843, gift certificates to the Whitlow Campus Store, and more.
Friday, May 3, 2024
9:00 a.m. – Commencement Rehearsal (gather in Terence Donaghoe Hall at 8:45 a.m.). Students line up by their degree and alphabetically. Practice should conclude by approximately 11 a.m.
11:00 a.m. (or after Rehearsal is complete) – Toast to Tassels – gather in the Student Activity Center (SAC) for a welcome of graduating students to the Clarke University Alumni Community with a champagne toast!
Saturday, May 4, 2024
|Whitlow Campus Store open
Flowers will be available for purchase in the Kehl Center.
|Sacred Heart Chapel open for Baccalaureate Mass
|Students and faculty line up in Wahlert Atrium for Baccalaureate Mass
|Procession into Sacred Heart Chapel
Sacred Heart Chapel
|Brunch is available in the Student Dining Room, Mary Josita Hall
Families are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to avoid parking and schedule difficulties between ceremonies.
Brunch menu will consist of cinnamon rolls, assorted kringles, scrambled eggs, pork sausage link, bacon, frittata (asiago, spinach and roasted red bell pepper), herb roasted pork loin, mashed potatoes, and gravy.
Cost is $14 per adult; $7 per child 10 and under.
Purchase brunch tickets) by May 5 by choosing one of the following two options:
1. Purchase in the Whitlow Campus Store March 18 – April 26 for immediate pickup.
2. Online Credit Card orders click here by 4:30 p.m. on April 26
beginning at 9 a.m.
|Guest seating begins for Commencement Ceremony in the Kehl Center. Terence Donaghoe Hall open for students to don hoods, etc.
|Students line up in Terence Donaghoe Hall
|Student procession to Kehl Center begins
All guests with wristbands should be seated by 1:40 p.m. Those with wristbands arriving after 1:40 p.m. will be seated after the procession has ended. Those who do not have wristbands or arrive after the ceremony has begun are welcome to view the event via live-stream in the Jansen Music Hall, across the street from the Kehl Center.
Robert and Ruth Kehl Center
|Graduates will march to the Atrium front lawn following Commencement where light refreshments will be served. All graduates and guests are encouraged to meet in or near the Atrium. Please, do not make plans to meet outside the Kehl Center as this area gets very congested.
Clarke’s Commencement Legacy Program Application Due Monday, April 1, 2024
Any student who has a parent, grandparent, sibling or spouse who is a graduate of Clarke University (undergraduate or graduate) is considered to be a legacy. Generations of families have passed on the Clarke education tradition, and we want to help celebrate by providing a blue/gold cord to the Legacy Graduates of 2024. Legacy Cords will be provided to the student and a Legacy Button provided for the parent, grandparent, spouse or sibling. These items will be provided to the student at the commencement practice on Friday, May 3, and should be worn on Saturday, May 4. If you are a Clarke 2024 graduate (December 2023, May 2024, or August 2024) and have a parent, grandparent, sibling or spouse who has graduated from Clarke, please fill out a Legacy Profile Form online. Please complete the legacy application form online by Monday, April 1.
Diplomas will be mailed to graduates who have completed degree requirements and have financial clearance*. The diploma will be mailed to the diploma address submitted with the graduation application.
In addition to a diploma, an official transcript is included. Graduates may request additional transcripts for $10 each using the online ordering process. Your unofficial transcript is available as a PDF in your CU hub account on the Academics menu.
Diplomas are mailed 4-6 weeks after degrees have been conferred.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.
*Account balance must be paid in full.