The human body is fascinating – and at Clarke, we take pride in being a leader in preparing graduates ready to treat individuals physically, psychologically and spiritually.
At Clarke, you get integrated clinical experience early - students get hands-on experience at the start of their second semester through Clarke’s pro bono clinic.
The physical therapy program at Clarke is an entry-level doctoral program that requires an undergraduate degree in another area.
Many students choose to major in athletic training, psychology, biology or chemistry.
Physical therapy is a profession dedicated to: prevention, rehabilitation, and management of acute or prolonged movement dysfunction, pain, and other health-related conditions.
Clinical management, communication, and scholarship form the foundation for professional practice
Pre-professional physical therapy program:
- Allows students to move seamlessly into Clarke’s doctor of physical therapy degree (DPT) program
- Students apply for and enroll in Clarke’s program when they apply for undergraduate admission
- During undergraduate years at Clarke, students have a number of undergraduate degree options as part of their program of studies in physical therapy
- Students need to complete the baccalaureate degree within four years and the physical therapy doctoral degree within six years
Graduates from the DPT program:
- Have requisite skills to practice physical therapy as generalists
- Can appropriately adapt to practice across all health care settings and patient conditions
- Must be prepared to collaborate with other health professionals in the delivery of healthcare services
- Are expected to be culturally sensitive, professional, and service oriented practitioners who demonstrate safe and effective practice within an ethical framework
The Clarke University Physical Therapy Program was fully accredited in 1998 by the Commission on Accreditation for Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
For more information on this program, please contact the admissions office at (800)383-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.