Doctor of Physical Therapy
Apply online through PTCAS.
Below is a list of requirements to be submitted in the application:
- Official academic transcripts from all graduate and undergraduate institutions attended. Please note that transcripts “issued to student” or faxed or copied transcripts are not official.
- Competitive GRE Score
- Three recommendation forms (located in the online application)
- Personal Essay one to two page written response to the following question: Describe how your observational experiences have influenced your decision to pursue physical therapy as a career. Concentrate on the areas described in the Student Log of Clinical Visits.
- TOEFL Scores if English is not your first language (PBT score of 550 or IBT of 80)
- Minimum of 30 total hours of observation in at least three of the following areas: pediatrics, geriatrics, inpatient acute/subacute care, neurological rehabilitation, orthopedics, or sport medicine. Observation forms are located in the PTCAS application.
Annual Application Due Date
Minimum requirements for admission
- Completed undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university. If you are applying while completing your bachelors degree, acceptance will be contingent upon successful completion of all requirements.
- 3.00 Cumulative GPA, with no grades lower than a “C.”
- 3.00 Prerequisite Science GPA with no grades lower than a “C” in the following courses:
- Cell Biology – 4 hours including lab
- General Chemistry 1 & 2 – 8 hours including lab
- Elements of Physics 1 & 2 – 8 hours including lab
- Human Anatomy & Physiology– 8 total hours including lab
- Psychology (Introductory plus one upper level course)– 6 hours
- No more than 2 courses repeated for credit.