Doctor of Physical Therapy
Requirements for candidates who are college seniors or college graduates.
Apply online through PTCAS.
Below is a list of requirements to be submitted in the PTCAS application:
- Official academic transcripts from all graduate and undergraduate institutions attended. Please note that transcripts “issued to student” or faxed or copied transcripts are not official.
- Competitive GRE Score
- Three recommendation forms (located in the online application)
- Response to three essay questions:
- What attracts you to Clarke University and its Doctor of Physical Therapy program?
- Describe how your values align with the values of Clarke University.
- In the DPT program at Clarke University, students have many opportunities to engage in service learning. What impact has service learning had on you?
- Personal Statement describing how your experiences have shaped who you are today and how they may assist you through physical therapy school.
- TOEFL Scores if English is not your first language (PBT score of 550 or IBT of 80)
- Minimum of 30 total hours of observation in at least three of the following areas: pediatrics, geriatrics, inpatient acute/subacute care, neurological rehabilitation, orthopedics, or sport medicine. Observation forms are located in the PTCAS application.
Annual Application Due Date
Early Decision – August 15
Regular Decision – November 1
Minimum requirements for admission
- Completed undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university. If you are applying while completing your bachelors degree, acceptance will be contingent upon successful completion of all requirements.
- 3.00 Cumulative GPA, with no grades lower than a “C.”
- 3.00 Prerequisite Science GPA with no grades lower than a “C” in the following courses:
- Cell Biology – 4 hours including lab
- General Chemistry 1 & 2 – 8 hours including lab
- Elements of Physics 1 & 2 – 8 hours including lab
- Human Anatomy & Physiology– 8 total hours including lab
- Psychology (Introductory plus one upper level course)– 6 hours
- No more than 2 courses repeated for credit.
PTCAS Early Decision
Note from PTCAS: “The early decision program is a binding option for applicants who have decided that a particular PT program is their first choice and they will enroll if accepted. As an Early Decision applicant, you can apply to only 1 program that participates in Early Decision. If accepted as an Early Decision applicant, you must accept the offer and will not be permitted to apply to any additional programs in PTCAS during the application cycle. All programs participating in the Early Decision process have the discretion to grant a release to an accepted applicant, however, the applicant will be required to wait until the next application cycle to apply to additional PTCAS programs.”
Early decision admissions requirements are the same as above except requiring minimum 3.5 Cumulative GPA.