Why do We Dance?
Clarke University students dance for the kids! Our Miracle Families either have been or are currently being treated at the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital in Iowa City. Our students are inspired to join the fight with these families as we witness the strength they demonstrate, and the endurance they hold onto through their life changing journeys. Our dancers are dedicated to serving these children and to spreading awareness of this cause that has affected so many. We dance with the kids, by the kids and for the kids.
The mission of Clarke University Dance Marathon is to raise awareness for pediatric illness. We hope to raise funds in order to provide our miracle children with adequate care, equipment and research in hopes of a brighter and healthier future. We have a vision to one day find a cure for cancer and other pediatric illnesses, so that all children can live to see more birthdays.
Any Clarke student is welcome to join a Dance Marathon committee at any point throughout the academic school year regardless of age, year, or major. If interested in joining a committee, contact email@example.com.
The entertainment committee is responsible for planning all of the entertainment and events for the day of the dance. This includes games, music, food, etcetera.
The family relations committee works to communicate with Clarke’s Miracle Families. Their job is to plan family events that serve as fundraising opportunities as well as fun activities for the families.
Fundraising and Finance
The fundraising committee’s goal is to raise money by organizing fundraisers throughout the year within the Clarke community and also by raising funds throughout the surrounding area. They also manage budgets and finances, and plan the big reveal at the final event.
The marketing committee manages our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts to keep dancers and committee members updated throughout the year. They also coordinate marketing on campus such as posters, tabling, etc.
The morale team is responsible for spreading the name of the CU Dance Marathon throughout the community. The morale captains will work with dance marathon morale groups throughout the year to keep them involved, help with fundraising, and keep the energy flowing throughout the year.
The sponsorship committee is responsible for communicating with and forming partnerships with local businesses. They keep our sponsors informed and active in DM year round.
Clarke University students dance for the kids! Our Miracle Families either have been or are currently being treated at the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital in Iowa City. Our students are inspired to join the fight with these families as we witness the strength they demonstrate, and the endurance they hold onto through their life changing journeys. Our dancers are dedicated to serving these children and to spreading awareness of this cause that has affected so many. We dance with the kids, by the kids, and for the kids.
Why become a Dancer?
- To raise money for a great cause!
- To meet new people
- To have fun
- To be active in the Clarke Community
- To make a difference FTK!
Each dancer is required to raise $20 to attend the big event. Set a personal goal, and help your morale team raise the most money FTK!
- Canning: Go to local, high-traffic places such as a mall or supermarket to raise funds.
- Online Fundraising: Each registered dancer has their own online fundraising page. This allows friends and family to donate to you with just the click of a button. See the “How to use Donor Drive” tab.
- Social media: Share your donor drive account on Facebook and Twitter so your family and friends can have easy access for donating!
- Door-to-door fundraising: Propose our cause to your neighbors, and ask if they would be willing to help you raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network!
- Donation boxes: Have your parents or relatives place a donation jar at their work or office, so that other employees can help your cause. You can also place these at your church or work.