A student must submit the following to Graduate Studies Office, 1550 Clarke Drive, Dubuque, Iowa 52001:
- A completed graduate application form. Complete the online application form now, or print and complete the form and mail with application fee.
- A $35 application fee (waived for Clarke University graduates). Please make checks payable to Clarke University. If paying with credit card, please call (563)588-6635 with your credit card number and expiration date.
- Official academic transcripts. These transcripts must document:
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from an accredited nursing program in an accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale
- Completion of master’s degree from an accredited nursing program in an accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.00on a 4.00 scale.
- Current GRE score required for applicants with an undergraduate GPA under 3.0; recommended for all other applicants.
- Successful completion a statistics courses with a grade of C (2.0) or better.
- Three completed recommendation forms, including two relative to clinical performance and one relative to academic ability.
- A Curriculum vitae or resume.
- A statement of goals for doctoral education and subsequent career plans.
- A sample of scholarly writing.
- Photocopy of current professional license/s.
- If English is not a first language, documentation of minimum TOEFL PBT score of 550 or IBT of 80.
The applicant must complete an interview prior to acceptance. Ordinarily this interview is scheduled when all materials and documents have been received.
* Upon acceptance, all students will be required to provide proof of immunizations, annual TB test, HIPPA training, blood borne pathogen training, and mandatory reporter certification. A criminal background check is required.
Students must submit a $300 non-refundable confirmation deposit within time-line designated in the official letter of acceptance. Failure to meet this timeline may result in losing one’s place in the cohort. Once acceptance is confirmed and deposit received, a degree plan is placed in the student’s file.
MSN-DNP students should provide documentation of clinical hours performed in the MSN program.
TRANSFER OF GRADUATE COURSES
Students may transfer up to 6 credits of graduate study in this field with an earned 3.00 or higher (on a 4.00 scale) in each course from another accredited graduate program. Acceptance of transfer credit must be documented prior to matriculation.