Professional Development – Online Micro Courses to Boost Your Skillset
Clarke University recognizes that professionals and employers have unique circumstances, needs, and backgrounds. The CareerPLUS program is designed to meet the professional development needs of both individuals and employers. CareerPLUS offers non-credit-bearing micro courses and digital badges that focus on 21st-century workforce skills. The CareerPLUS program also offers a flexible, affordable pathway toward an online degree from Clarke University, if desired.
AUGUST MICRO COURSES: (courses open August 1 and close August 28)
The Enneagram: A Life-Changing Tool
Improv and Impromptu Speaking in the Workplace
Understanding Diversity to Build Empathy
Let us help you pursue your future with CareerPLUS.
Micro Courses Start on the 1st of Every Month!
CareerPLUS Micro Course Details
CareerPLUS uniquely offers:
- 15 hours of self-paced online learning within a four-week period
- Online discussions, facilitator feedback, and additional opportunities to apply skills learned
- Learning unit quizzes auto-graded for immediate feedback
- Optional conference call in week four with local facilitator
CareerPLUS is Flexible, Interactive, and Relevant!
What makes the CareerPLUS program unique?
- Focused on the Future: Relevant, affordable, “bite-sized” professional development focused on 21st century essential workforce, employer-valued, skills
- Social Impact: Individual professionals, employers, and the local workforce come away equipped with the skills they need to thrive now and in the future
- Flexible Pathway Options Tailored to You: Credit-bearing and non-credit bearing pathways that allow professionals to determine whether they want to work toward academic credentials or learn without the pursuit of a badge or degree
- Applied Learning: Outstanding interactive learner experience that allows working professionals to use their workplace or personal life as their lab for enriched learning
- Competitive Pricing Structure: Affordable individual micro course rates and/or package rates for both professionals and employers
Upcoming CareerPLUS Micro Courses
Whether you are an employer or an employee, the CareerPLUS program offers you the opportunity to “design your own path.”
Just need to brush up on a specific skill?
Take one micro course, or three, and don’t worry about completing a badge or degree program.
Want to work your way through a badge or degree program?
Stack your micro courses toward a designated badge, or easily convert your micro courses to credit through a process of “Prior Learning Assessment” (PLA).
The CareerPLUS program micro courses equip learners with 21st century professional skills, offer a pathway to a degree through stackable credentials (if desired), and opportunities for upskilling, career advancement, and/or career pivoting.
Featured Micro Course Facilitator
Michele Vosberg, Ph.D. is a teacher, author, and international speaker. After a long career in both K-12 education and at Clarke University, Michele co-founded Inspired Together Learning, a company which supports professional development for educators, businesses and individuals. In addition to holding a Ph.D. in Education, Michele is certified in the use of the Enneagram as a tool for understanding yourself and others. She frequently conducts workshops focused on personal development. Michele’s gift is seeing potential and her highest calling and most joyous work is to help others discover and bring about their own best gifts.
The Wall Street Journal
NACE Job Outlook 2020