- Students come from 39 states and 10 countries.
- Undergraduate Students: 711
- Total Students: 1,004
- Male %: 41
- Female %: 59
- In-State Students %: 59
- Out-of-State %: 41
Data based upon 2018-2019 enrollment snapshot
Come cheer on the Blue and Gold with us!
Track and Field
The Clarke Pride competes in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics and are a member of the Heart of America Athletic Conference.
Clarke Athletics is recognized as a NAIA Champions of Character Five-Star Institution.
For the 2019-20 academic year, undergraduate tuition is $33,600, student fees are $1,070, and the average cost for room and board is $10,000. Graduate tuition varies by program. View the Tuition & Fees page for more information.
During the 2018-19 academic year, 100 percent of Clarke’s full-time, day-time students (who were eligible, and applied) received financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study. Clarke’s average financial aid package is $29,802. Students are encouraged to apply for financial aid as soon as possible after October 1.
Clarke University offers a variety of merit scholarships to students that include academic, athletic talent, fine arts, and other scholarships.
Clarke University is consistently recognized for excellence in education. Here is a list of national recognition:
- Forbes: America’s Best Colleges
- 2020 Best Colleges in Iowa
- 2017 Best Colleges in Iowa
- Forbes: Top 120 of the Best Midwestern Colleges
- U.S. News: Ranked 62nd in Top Performers on Social Mobility in 2020
- U.S. News: Ranked 16th in the Midwest on the list of Best Regional Colleges in 2019
- U.S. News: Listed as an A+ School for B Students in 2017
- U.S. News: Midwest’s Top 10 Best Value Schools in 2019
- U.S. News: Ranked fifth among Midwest Regional College for operating efficiency in 2015
- RegisteredNursing.org: #5 in the nation for 2019 Best Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs
- Princeton Review: Best Midwestern Colleges
- The Washington Monthly: Best Baccalaureate Colleges, for contribution to the public good.
- The Washington Monthly: Ranked No. 22 among National Baccalaureate Universities.
- 2016 President’s Higher Education Honor Roll for community service
- Named the third safest campus in Iowa by Backgroundcheck.org
- Clarke has achieved the NAIA Champions of Character Five-Star Designation all six years that it has been presented
- National Arbor Day Foundation: Tree Campus USA for the third straight year
- Victory Media: Military Friendly School
Clarke University does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability in the educational programs which it conducts or in its employment policies, practices and procedures. Clarke University complies with all pertinent state and federal regulations concerning affirmative action, nondiscrimination, and equal employment opportunity.
For more information, contact the Clarke University Admissions Office:
Clarke University students and alumni demonstrate success in numerous ways. Our students garner academic awards from the university, receive scholarships and secure internships. Our alumni go on to earn advanced degrees at Clarke and at other prestigious universities throughout the U.S. and the world. They achieve professional success in a variety of occupations and make their mark at corporations, in government agencies and at various other organizations in a vast number of fields.
The information listed below demonstrates both short-term and long-term achievements of Clarke University students and alumni:
- Four-year graduation rate – 57%
- Six-year graduation rate – 62%
- Student retention rate from year one to year two (four-year average 2014-17) – 76.5%
First-time pass rates for the following programs are:
2019 graduating class overall pass rate is 87.5% (7/8) at this time
3 year aggregate (2019, 2018, 2017) aggregate 1st time pass rate of 77.4% (24/31) and the overall pass rate is 93.54% (29/31) at this time.
Family Nurse Practitioner – 100%
NCLEX – 92.31%
98.2% Pass Rate