Title IX Workshop Series: Align Your Policy with the New Law
We know you have a lot of questions about how to implement the new Title IX regulations, but you can’t implement those changes on your campus until you first rewrite and align your policy with the new regulations. View the recorded sessions for this six-part workshop series to start working on revising your sexual harassment policy alongside the expert guidance of your instructor.
This virtual learning experience is designed to help you interpret, plan, organize, and write proposed changes to your campus’ sexual harassment grievance policy by August 14, 2020. During this workshop-style online series, you will:
- Analyze and interpret the Final Regulations
- Obtain practical guidance for implementing changes to your policy
- Rewrite your policy to remain compliant with the new regulations while considering your unique institutional context
This workshop series will give you tangible and practical guidance from our subject matter expert that you can start incorporating into your work right away.
Title IX Hearing Training from National Experts
Hearings in the New Era: Are You Ready?
Grand River Solutions’ subject-matter experts, Jody Shipper and Chantelle Cleary, present this two-day training to prepare attendees to conduct hearings. Whether you are a Title IX Coordinator, hearing officer, hearing coordinator, or need to work through the intricacies of setting up and running a smooth hearing, this training is for you.
In this live virtual event, participants will learn how to conduct a fair, impartial, and compliant process. Day one includes a step-by-step overview of the hearing process and during day two participants will apply their knowledge and practice skills during a mock hearing scenario. Day two concludes with a debriefing session to ensure confidence in bringing the learned skills back to campus.
Key topics include:
- The purpose of a hearing
- Incorporating a trauma-informed approach within the due process framework
- Hearing preparation
- Setting party expectations
- The roles of a hearing coordinator, hearing panel, and hearing chair
- The role of the advisor, and efficiently working with them
- Hearing Day: managing the circus
- What process is due
- Live examining and cross-examining
- Technical aspects of a hearing
- Writing the decision/outcome letter