Norm Freund, Ph.D.
Chair of Philosophy & Religious Studies
Ph.D. in Philosophy from Southern Illinois University (1980)
M.A. in Philosophy from Southern Illinois University (1977)
B.S. in Biology and B.A. in Philosophy from St. Ambrose College (1975)
“Enthusiastic” and “energetic” are two words that both I and my students use to describe me. I love learning, am passionate about teaching, and feel God’s pleasure when I am in the classroom.
Clarke is a caring community united in the pursuit of a broad education based in the liberal arts and the BVM core values. I can honestly say that there is no place else on earth that I would rather be teaching!
Within my philosophy degrees is a deeply rooted interest in and proficiency at the history of philosophy and applied ethics. Most specifically of all, I am well trained in the philosophy of peace and war.
- History of philosophy
- Applied ethics
- Fundamentals of Philosophy
- Our BVM and Clarke Heritage
- Philosophy of Peace and War
- Classical Philosophy
- Asian Philosophy
Certifications and Memberships
- Member of the American Association of Philosophy Teachers
- St. Anthony Parish
- Catholic Identity Committee
- BVM Associate – actively working with and for the BVM sisters who founded Clarke