Hunter Darrouzet, MPM
Master of Pastoral Ministry; University of Dallas; Irving, Texas; 2011
Bachelor of Arts – Religious Studies; Vanderbilt University; Nashville, Tennessee; 2006
While I have only been at Clarke for a short time, it’s vibrant and unique life energy has already made me enjoy coming to work every day, taking on new challenges, and meeting new people.
Purpose – Mission of work
College campus ministry is my vocation and my passion. It is truly a joy and a blessing from God to listen to the students, staff, and faculty share their lives, to walk with them in their faith journeys, to sit with them in their struggles, and to celebrate with them their successes. I thank God that I am able to serve others and show them agape love daily.
In addition to campus ministry, I have worked in a few other fields. In college, I sold $50,000 worth of Cutco Cutlery over two summers and was an assistant manager and field training manager. After graduating college, I started my own photography company, which I ran for the next 5 years until I entered full-time campus ministry, photographing portraits, events, products, sports, and rock climbing. I also worked as a rock climbing instructor, guide, and route setter both in college and after college at a 100ft cement grain silo. I have enjoyed my varied career past because it has provided me with many skills, many friends, and many wonderful and invaluable life experiences.
Hobbies: Photography, Hiking, Rock Climbing, Judo, Soccer, Watching Movies
Interests: Trivia, Religion and Science, Ethics and Philosophy, Dean Koontz or Robert Heinlein Novels among many others
Certifications and Memberships
- Benedictine Spiritual Formation Program (BSFP) Certified Spiritual Director
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) certified
- FOCCUS Pre-Marriage Inventory Facilitator certification
- Catholic Campus Ministry Association member (CCMA)- 2011 to present
- Iowa Catholic Campus Ministry Association (ICCMA) member – 2016 to present
- National Campus Ministry Association (NCMA) member – 2014 to present
- Coordinating Committee Officer – 2015 to 2018; Secretary 2016-2017