Where are the computers I can use?
Each residence hall is equipped with a 24 hour computer lab and each dorm room is wired to access the campus network.
The Student Activity Center (SAC), CBH 1st floor lounge and 1st floor of the Library.
Keller Computer Center Decker and Business labs, and the 2nd floor of the Library.
Clarke University provides Wi-Fi wireless access for students, faculty, staff, and guests. The focus is on providing access inside every building on campus, the soccer field, and some outside green spaces. The service supports clients using IEEE 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n access protocols. Members of the Clarke community are not allowed to install their own wireless networking equipment. Please contact the Computer Center help desk if you encounter coverage or connection problems.
Laptop Wireless Solutions
Below are three possible solutions if you own a laptop that disconnects from the Clarke wireless network.
For a better signal connection, go to Control Panel –> Network and Internet –> Network and Sharing Center –> Change Adapter Settings –> Right click properties of Wireless Connection –> Configure –> Advanced –> Roaming Sensitivity Level –> High
- Click the wireless icon located on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen
- Click Network and Sharing Center
- Click Change Adapter settings
- Double click the Wireless Network Connection
- Click the Wireless Properties Button
- Check the Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name (SSID)
- Click OK
- Click Close
- Go to the Realtek Website, go to the downloads section
- Select your chip (You can find out what chip you have by going to Control Panel –> Network and Internet –> Network and Sharing Center –> Change Adapter Settings –> Right click on your wireless connection and click Properties).
- Download the drivers for your OS.
- Install them, restart your computer.