Check out the MARC in more detail — find contact information for setting up one-on-one sessions, see the schedule for SWAGs and study groups, and explore resources specifically chosen for Clarke students, faculty, and staff.
The MARC is here to help wherever you are.
We are able to support students through multiple means: via email, phone, or video during regular business hours 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
For services, updates, and resources, Clarke students, faculty, and staff can check out marc.clarke.edu (the MARC page on the My.Clarke site) or click the blue “visit the MARC” button to the right. Those without a Clarke login can email any MARC staff member, and we will be happy to assist.
The Clarke University Writing Center, located in the MARC, serves students of all levels, first-year through graduate. It is staffed by the director and peer coaches. Clients can receive one-to-one assistance with the following.
- Brainstorming ideas for the content of a paper. Sometimes getting started is the hardest part of writing. Writing coaches can help clients gather their ideas in preparation for drafting.
- Revising and editing. Working with the classroom instructor’s directions and scoring rubric (when provided), coaches offer constructive feedback on a client’s paper and share tips for improving organization and development of content.
- Proofreading. Writing Center coaches teach clients how to identify and eliminate grammatical and correctness errors in their papers.
- Documentation and formatting. Coaches are acquainted with the scholarly styles used at Clarke (APA, MLA, AMA, Chicago, and CSE) and can answer questions about documentation and formatting.
- Personal and professional writing. Writing Center personnel also assist clients with such documents as resumes, cover letters, personal statements, applications to graduate school, and applications for scholarships.
Follow the link below to access writing resources regarding formatting and citation styles, grammar, thesis-creation, summary writing, literary analysis and more!