Check out the MARC in more detail — find contact information for setting up one-on-one sessions, see the schedule for SWAGs and study groups, and explore resources specifically chosen for Clarke students, faculty, and staff.
The MARC is here to help wherever you are.
We are able to support students through multiple means: via email, phone, or video during regular business hours 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
For services, updates, and resources, Clarke students, faculty, and staff can check out marc.clarke.edu (the MARC page on the My.Clarke site) or click the blue “visit the MARC” button to the right. Those without a Clarke login can email any MARC staff member, and we will be happy to assist.
Learning Support in the MARC (Margaret Mann Academic Resource Center) provides student-centered academic support to all students through the services of a learning specialist, academic coaches, academic trainers and SWAG (Study With A Guide) group study sessions.
- College Study Strategies course: One-credit course that guides college students in discovering, developing, and formulating effective college reading, learning, time management, test-taking, and study processes within the context of their existing college courses. Taught by a learning specialist and available for all students with less than 90 credits.
- Academic Training: By-appointment-only mentoring where trained students help other students in developing and using effective study, time management, note-taking, learning, and reading strategies.
- Academic Coaching: Subject specific assistance offered by arrangement for individuals and groups. Currently, coaches are available for math, science, business, nursing, philosophy, literature and Spanish.
- SWAG (Study with a Guide): Peer-facilitated group-study sessions. SWAG leaders are trained by the learning specialist and work in partnership with the course professor. Scheduled times vary by semester.
- Learning Specialist Mentoring: Consultations with the learning specialist that help students develop appropriate learning tools and strategies necessary for college (available for all undergraduate and graduate students).
To find out what strategies and resources will work best for you and your courses, schedule an appointment with a MARC staff members listed on the left or one of the MARC Coaches. Also, be sure to take advantage of one of the many MARC SWAG (Study With A Guide) Study Sessions. These resources are included in your tuition to support you on your learning journey and help you find success.
You may also find the following resources helpful in understanding college expectations and finding ways to learn and study.