How do I print a confidential document?
***The confidential printing functionality is available on the following printer models: Lexmark T630, T632, T522, T520, and C270
- From the application you are in, select File --> Print to bring up the Print dialog box.
- Depending on the application you are in, the Print dialog box will either have a Properties or Preferences button. Both situations are depicted below. Depending on which button is displayed, click on either the Properties or Preferences button to proceed.
- After selecting the appropriate button, a window will be displayed similar to the one below. Click on the Print and Hold button.
- After clicking on the Print and Hold button, a Print and Hold Features window will appear. Click on the radio button next to Confidential Print to turn it on.
- After selecting Confidential Print, the User Name and PIN field will be enabled. Enter a User Name and a four digit PIN number. After you have entered the User Name and PIN, click on the OK button to continue.
- After clicking on the OK button, you will be returned to the Properties / Preferences window. Click on the OK button to return to the main Print dialog window.
- After clicking on the OK button in the Properties / Preferences window, you will be returned to the main Print dialog window. At this point select the options of the print job such as number of copies then click on the OK button to submit the Confidential Print job.
- The printer holds your print job until you initiate printing on the Printer Operator Panel. Below is a depiction of the operator panel on the printer. To print the job, please do the following:
- Press the right arrow of the Menu button to select Confidential Job.
- Once Confidential Job is displayed, press the Select button.
- Next a User Name is displayed. If the User Name displayed is not yours, press the right arrow of the Menu button until your User Name is displayed. Once your User Name is displayed, press the Select button.
- Next, Enter PIN will be displayed. To enter your PIN, select the appropriate sequence of buttons on the Operator Panel. Each button is issued a number which is displayed either above or below the button.
- After you have entered your PIN, Print All Jobs will be displayed. Press the Select button to print all of your jobs.
- After you have pressed the Select button, the print job you have submitted will be printed.