Financial Aid

Opportunities exist for adult students having difficulty finding the means to pay for their education. With careful planning and research, many adults are able to take advantage of opportunities to reduce their cost of education. Being aware of application deadlines is essential; many programs require that requests for aid are completed and submitted by specified dates.

Many employers offer financial assistance to their employees. The most under-utilized fringe benefit in businesses across the country is tuition reimbursement. Information is available from each company’s human resource department.

Many service groups and business associations offer grants or scholarships for which adults are eligible. Students can contact organizations relating to their field of study.

More than 75% of the students attending Clarke receive some form of financial assistance. Most aid is based on the ability to pay. Non-traditional age students may qualify for Federal and State assistance if they attend Clarke University at least half-time by taking six credit hours of classes each semester.

How To Apply

  1. Apply for admission to the university. Financial aid packages are prepared after the student has been accepted for admission to Clarke.
  2. Check the appropriate section of the admissions application indicating whether or not you plan to seek financial aid.
  3. Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and indicate that Clarke is to receive a copy of the need analysis report. The Clarke Federal school code is 001852. These forms are available at the Clarke University Financial Aid Office, the Clarke TimeSaver Office, or a form can be mailed to you by sending a request to The FAFSA form should be completed and mailed to the processing center as soon as possible after January 1. The priority deadline for financial aid is April 15.

Financial Assistance Decisions

When a student is accepted for admission and the need analysis report has been received from the processing center, the Financial Aid Office will prepare an individualized financial aid package. This package may include grants and loans financed by state and federal agencies.

Financial aid packages are sent to accepted applicants as soon as specific information on state and federal awards is available. The student has the option of accepting all or part of the package and may contact Clarke to request adjustments.

Financial aid awards are determined annually after a current financial aid application is submitted. Students receiving financial aid must maintain satisfactory academic progress as determined by the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Director of Financial Aid.

Complete information about financial aid programs and policies is available from the Director of Financial Aid, Clarke University, 1550 Clarke Drive, Dubuque, Iowa, 52001-3198, (563) 588-6327 or send an e-mail to

State and Federal Programs

Iowa Tuition Grants

Maximum awards are determined by the State of Iowa and awarded to Iowa residents on the basis of need. Application for financial aid must be filed by state-prescribed deadline. Grants are available for only eight full-time semesters. This grant is awarded to Iowa residents on the basis of need. The FAFSA must be filed by July 1st in order to be eligible. Iowa Tuition Grants are only available for 8 full-time semesters. The maximum award is determined each year by the Iowa College Aid Commission. Individual awards are based on the number of academic credit hours in which a student is enrolled.

Federal Pell Grant

Maximum award is determined by the federal government, awarded to students who have exceptional financial need. Maximum award is determined by the federal government. This grant is only awarded to students with exceptional need. Individual awards are based directly on the EFC and number of academic credit hours in which a student is enrolled.

Federal Stafford Loans

Maximum annual loans and cumulative maximum loans for total undergraduate programs are determined by the federal government and awarded through a bank or lending agency to students enrolled on at least a half-time basis. For more information, visit the Financial Aid Student Loan Information Web page.

Special Assistance

TimeSaver programs have been approved for Veteran’s benefits.

  The Next Step
Request Information
Apply Now
How will my classes transfer?

TimeSaver Staff > 

Contact TimeSaver at:

Twitter Icon 2 Facebook Icon 

  • IPCW 2014
  • Homecoming 2014
  • Connect_2014