Requirements for Admission to Graduate Study at Clarke University
A licensed teacher interested in the Master of Arts in Education (MAE) program at Clarke University must submit the following to Graduate Studies Office, 1550 Clarke Drive, Dubuque, Iowa 52001:
- A completed graduate application form. Complete the online application form now, or print and complete the form and mail with application fee.
- A $35 application fee (waived for Clarke University graduates). Please make checks payable to Clarke University. If paying with credit card, please call (563)588-6635 with your credit card number and expiration date.
- Official academic transcripts. These transcripts must document:
- Completion of an undergraduate program from an accredited college or university.
- GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- A photocopy of all teaching certificates and licenses.
- Two completed recommendation forms, at least one of which relates to academic ability.
- A statement of goals for graduate education and subsequent career plans.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 550 if English is not a first language.
Interview: Applicants must also complete an interview that is scheduled when all materials and documents have been received.
Note: All entrance requirements must be completed prior to acceptance and registration.
Transfer of Graduate Courses
Students may transfer up to 6 credits of graduate study in this field with an earned 3.00 or better (on a 4.00 scale) in each course from another accredited graduate program. Ordinarily, documented transfer of credits are evaluated and posted at the time of matriculation or in the first semester of study at Clarke.