The following are two checklists that should be read over carefully. The information is beneficial to your successful planning and arrival at Clarke University.
- Arrive on campus by Tuesday, August 20, 2013.
- International Student Orientation is Wednesday, August 21, from 10:30-2:00pm. This includes lunch and a visit to a local bank.
- Check your airline tickets. Be sure that you are flying into the Dubuque Regional Airport. This is the airport nearest Clarke University. Chicago may be the closest international airport, but the drive from Chicago to Dubuque takes three hours.
- Call the student life office 563-588-6313 to advise staff of your travel plans. Give the student life office your airline information and flight numbers. We can help you get to campus from the Dubuque Regional Airport.
- New student orientation, CONNECT, begins Thursday, August 22, 2013. It is required of all new students.
- Make sure your passport and visa are current and valid. You must make an appointment to see Kate Zanger, Vice President for Student Life and Primary Designated School Official for International students, within two days of your arrival to campus for an International Student Orientation. Bring your I-20 and passport to this meeting.
- Travel hints: Label all luggage, inside and out, with your name and university address. Bring pictures of family and friends to decorate your room; you’ll feel more at home that way. Pack a small carry-on bag with personal articles, in case your luggage is temporarily lost. Carry any large amounts of money in the form of traveler’s checks rather than cash. Give your family a contact person, such as your admissions representative or the student life office at (563588-6313, in case they have questions or concerns.
- If you plan to ship items by mail from home, plan to mail your packages so that they are delivered after you have arrived at Clarke. Make sure to include your name on the inside and outside of the packages. You should address all packages in this manner:
First and Last Name
1550 Clarke Drive
Dubuque, Iowa 52001-3198
Arriving and Settling In
- Check in with the Student Life office as soon as possible to schedule a meeting with Kate Zanger for Orientation and paperwork.
- Attend CONNECT (new student orientation) Thursday, August 22, 2013. You'll make new friends faster and learn important information about college life.
- Kate Zanger will arrange to take you shopping for anything you need to buy and to a local bank to set up an account.
- Get involved! Your success as a student and your happiness at Clarke are in your hands. Make the most of this opportunity!