following are two checklists that should be read over carefully. The
information is beneficial to your successful planning and arrival at Clarke
- Arrive on campus by Tuesday, August 16, 2016.
- International Student Orientation is Wednesday, August
17, from 5:30pm-7:30pm. This includes dinner.
- Check your airline tickets. Be sure that you are flying
into the Dubuque Regional Airport, Dubuque, Iowa. This is the airport nearest Clarke
University. Chicago may be the closest international airport, but the
drive from Chicago to Dubuque takes three hours.
- Contact your admissions representative or the student
life office (563-588-6313) to advise staff of your travel plans. Provide
your airline information and flight numbers. We can help you get to campus
from the Dubuque Regional Airport.
- New student orientation, CONNECT, begins Thursday,
August 18, 2016 and concludes Sunday, August 21, 2016. It is required of all new undergraduate students. The CONNECT
program schedule will be posted on the Clarke web-site in June.
- Make sure your passport and visa are current and
valid. You must make an appointment to see Kate Zanger, Vice
President for Student Life and Primary Designated School Official for
International students, within two days of your arrival to campus for
an International Student Orientation. Bring your I-20 and passport to this
- Travel hints: Label all luggage, inside and out, with
your name and university address. Bring pictures of family and
friends to decorate your room; you’ll feel more at home that way. Pack a
small carry-on bag with personal articles, in case your luggage is
temporarily lost. Carry any large amounts of money in the form of
traveler’s checks rather than cash. Give your family a contact person,
such as your admissions representative or the student life office
(563-588-6313), in case they have questions or concerns.
- If you plan to ship items by mail from home,
plan to mail your packages so that they are delivered after you have arrived at
Clarke. Make sure to include your name on the inside and outside of the
packages. You should address all packages in this manner:
First and Last Name
1550 Clarke Drive
Dubuque, Iowa 52001-3198
Arriving and Settling In
- Check in with the Student Life office as soon as
possible to schedule a meeting with Kate Zanger for Orientation and
- Attend CONNECT (new student orientation) Thursday - Sunday,
August 18-21, 2016. You'll make new friends faster and learn important
information about college life.
- Kate Zanger will arrange to take you shopping for
anything you need to buy and to a local bank to set up an account.
- Get involved! Your success as a student and your
happiness at Clarke are in your hands. Make the most of this opportunity!