Requirements for Full Admission to the Master of Social Work Program
- To apply to the Clarke MSW program, complete the online application form now. Submit the form electronically or print and mail the form with your application fee and all other materials to:
Graduate Studies Office, 1550 Clarke Drive, Dubuque, Iowa 52001
- Your mailed materials must include:
a. Your $35 application fee (non-refundable, waived for Clarke University graduates). Please make checks payable to Clarke University. If paying with credit card, please call (563)588-6635 with your credit card number and expiration date.
b. A two- to three-page personal statement answering the following question: Why are you pursuing graduate study and why social work in particular? This essay will be used to evaluate your knowledge and commitment to the profession of social work as well as your writing and thinking abilities.
- Topics you might consider in answering this question are: life experiences, work and volunteer activities, educational experiences, and leadership abilities.
c. A listing of Social Work related employment or volunteer experience.
d. Choose three highly qualified recommenders to complete and submit a recommendation form for you. At least one recommender must be able to confirm your academic ability and one must confirm your professional ability or potential as a social worker.
- Have your official transcripts sent to Clarke University.
- If applicable, have your TOEFL score sent to Clarke University. We require a minimum TOEFL PBT score of 550 or IBT score of 80 if English is not a first language.