SPORT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM OUTCOMES
Knowledge - The successful individual in the sport management profession will:
- Understand and apply the principles of health, physical fitness and sports.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of exercise physiology in multiple settings.
- Understand and respond to domestic and global environments ultimately applied to amateur
and professional sports.
- Recognize and analyze trends and current practices in administration, ultimately applied to
amateur and professional sports.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond and initiate change based on market trends and consumer
Skills - The successful individual in the sport management profession will:
- Explain fitness and health principles to clients, consumers and other non-specialists.
- Administer programs within the business setting, ultimately applied to fitness, education,
health and sports programs.
- Communicate effectively in speaking and writing with people of diverse social, business and
professional backgrounds internal and external to the organization.
- Acquire the ability to identify relevant issues, analyze their interrelationships and
conceptualize solutions for specific business, domestic and global problems.
- Use information technology to enhance efficiency and productivity within the
Values - The successful individual in the sport management profession will:
- Demonstrate an openness to various perspectives and respect for experts and professionals
in the field.
- Promote zeal for values, causes and public issues related to the profession.
- Demonstrate ethical decision making within the profession.\
- Demonstrate ability to function collaboratively as a leader and/or member of business team.