The Clarke University Early-Access MBA Program (36 hours) offers eligible Clarke University undergraduate students the opportunity to complete three to twelve hours of graduate credit while in their undergraduate degree program. Three to six hours may be taken in the fall semester or second-to-last and three to six hours may be taken in the spring or last semester. These credits will be counted as undergraduate business electives or general electives in the undergraduate degree program as well as credits toward the MBA. Students completing a major in a program other than Business and Accounting will be required to enroll in BUMG 500 Principles of Accounting/Finance/Marketing.
To be eligible for admission to the Early-Access MBA Program as a Clarke University undergraduate, the applicant must have finished a minimum of 30 credit hours from Clarke University prior to matriculation in the MBA program.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OPTIONS
Students may choose from a variety of undergraduate majors. It is necessary for the student to work closely with his/her adviser to complete the necessary program of study that meets the major, general education and prerequisite requirements to qualify for the Early-Access MBA program. Students who qualify will start the MBA program their senior year at Clarke University and finish their undergraduate degree while accumulating credit for the MBA degree. After the completion of the undergraduate degree, students continue in the MBA Program. When work responsibilities, course schedules and the students’ undergraduate major requirements allow, they may be eligible to seek an exception and complete 12 credits each semester of the fifth year.
- Clarke University students may submit their application by mid-term in the semester they anticipate completing 100 credit hours. Ordinarily, this will be the second semester junior year. Complete the online application form now.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.5
- An internship
- A minimum of one internship experience prior to the completion of the undergraduate degree is required
- Work experience may be considered in lieu of internship
- Undergraduate course statistics with a course grade of C (2.0) or better
- Two completed recommendation forms, at least one of which must be from undergraduate faculty in the students major.
- Professional resume.
- A 1-2 page essay reflecting on the following:
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities the prospective student has developed in his/her undergraduate studies and or career.
- The goals and expectations for expanding the individual’s knowledge, skills, and abilities through the Clarke University MBA program.
- First time applicant to the MBA program
- A minimum TOEFL score of 550 if English is not a first language.
- Interview and development of MBA degree plan with Director of Graduate Business Studies.
The MBA admissions committee reserves the right to make justifiable exceptions to these requirements on a case-by-case basis.