All library materials circulate with the exception of the special collections, reference materials and periodicals. Materials from these collections may leave the library only at the discretion of the library director.
The loan period for all other books to students is four weeks unless another patron recalls the book for use. This may be done when an item has been in use for two weeks. Please return all items that you are no longer using.
All books and other items are checked out at the circulation desk. You must have a Clarke Student ID to check out items. Your student ID doubles as your library card.
Students may renew books one time, either in person or over the phone. Renewals are also subject to recall as outlined above.
DVD's are checked out for two days, including the educational DVD's. There is a limit of three (3) DVD's out at one time. This includes series and seasons.
Current periodicals may not be checked out. Back issues of periodicals may be checked out at the discretion of the library staff. Please check at the Circulation Desk for permission to check out back issues.
We do not charge overdue fines. However, materials not returned by the end of the semester will incur replacement charges plus a handling fee for lost/damaged items.
Any student who sets off the book security alarm is expected to show books, backpacks, bookbags, etc. for inspection.
Faculty and Staff
- All library materials circulate with the exception of the special collections and reference materials. Materials from these two collections may leave the library only at the discretion of the library director.
- The loan period for all other books to faculty and staff members is for a semester unless another patron recalls the book for use. This may be done when an item has been in use for two weeks. Please return all items that you are no longer using.
- All books and other items are checked out at the front circulation desk. You must have a Clarke ID to check out materials.
- Faculty and staff may renew books up to two times. Renewals will be granted unless an items has been recalled by anther patron.
- Education DVD's may be checked out for one month.
There is a limit of three out at one time.
- Faculty members are expected to pay for all library materials they have lost.
- Any faculty or staff member who sets off the book security alarm is expected to show books, open briefcases, etc. for inspection.
The Nicholas J. Schrup Library participates in the State Library of Iowa’s Open Access Program, which allows community members and anyone who lives in the state of Iowa to check out certain library materials with a valid identification such as a driver’s license.
Students of all Dubuque area colleges, members of the BVM order,
Diocesan and Archdiocesan Clergy and personnel may also check out our
regular circulating materials.
Community members checking out materials under the open access policy may only check out books from our regular circulating collection. We do not charge fines for community members but lost or damaged materials are assessed a replacement fee plus a handling charge. Failure to pay for the lost or damaged materials will result in permanent loss of library check-out privileges.
Last updated June 24, 2015.