- Do you hunger to grow in your faith and deepen your knowledge of the Catholic tradition?
- Are you working in a volunteer or paid ministry position and desire to be more effective?
- Do you wish to further your certification requirements within the Archdiocese?
The Clarke University Religious Studies Department is making seats available on a first-come, first-serve basis to participate in select day or evening religious studies courses. Responding to the U.S. Bishop’s document, Co-Workers in the Vineyard of the Lord: A Resource for Guiding the Development of Lay Ecclesial Ministry, Clarke as a Catholic institution takes its partnership role with the Archdiocese seriously to train and develop lay ecclesial ministers. This new opportunity is available to those wishing to deepen their faith and ministerial identity as well as those interested in a certificate or degree program at Clarke. Clarke currently offers a Bachelor of Arts degree in Religious Studies.
For more information about the religious studies department at Clarke, click here.
- Twenty years of age or older;
- Active in a local faith community;
- Commit to basic course requirements with reading and active presence; each course offers between 30-36 face-to-face contact hours; with Clarke faculty. Some courses are available in hybrid format where there is one face to face classroom meeting each week and the rest of the course is delivered on-line.
- You receive 3 continuing education units (CEUs) for each 3 credit Clarke Religious Studies undergraduate course, which can be applied to certification within the Archdiocese;
- A certificate of participation will be issued through the Clarke Center for Professional Excellence;
- Specialized Fields: Nursing and Social Work CEUs available on a per course basis;
- Contact Scott Schneider, director of Timesaver and Continuing Education to learn how these CEUs can be applied toward a Bachelor of Arts degree at Clarke.
- $160 (Equivalent to $5/contact hour)
- Contact Maggie Curry of the Clarke University Timesaver Program at (563)588-6354 for more information or to register.