The mathematics department provides students opportunities to develop their mathematical appreciation, knowledge, skills and thinking in order to improve their quality of life and to aid in their preparation for future careers.
- Majors: We facilitate students’ preparation for careers involving mathematics, teaching or graduate school.
- Minors: We facilitate students’ preparation for careers involving mathematics.
- General Education: We foster mathematical development contributing to the education of a well-rounded individual.
- Service to Other Departments: We contribute toward the mathematical development necessary for certain majors.
A mathematics graduate will be able to:
- Speak and write mathematics clearly and precisely.
- Reason mathematically in a variety of settings by
- constructing proofs,
- constructing examples and counterexamples,
- and solving problems
- Master basic mathematical knowledge.