On Saturday, November 14, 2015, Clarke University, Loras College and University of Dubuque will host Streamlines, an opportunity for undergraduate students at colleges and universities to share scholarship and creativity. The conference will be held at Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa, and is open to all interested college students and faculty.
To view a downloadable Streamlines flyer, click here.
To view conference programs, click on the links below:
2014 Streamlines Program
2013 Streamlines Program
2012 Streamlines Program
2011 Streamlines Program
2010 Streamlines Program
2009 Streamlines Program
2008 Streamlines Program
CALL FOR PAPERS
To submit a proposal:
- Paper proposals: Submit a 300-word abstract and your paper by Wednesday, October 14, 2015, using the online submission form. The complete paper should be no more than 7 pages in length. For questions regarding submissions contact Kate McCarthy-Gilmore, Assistant Professor of Spanish, at (563)-588-7808 or at Kate.McCarthy-Gilmore@loras.edu.
- Panel presentation proposals: Submit a 1.5-2 page detailed outline of the presentation with the name and email address of the faculty member with whom you are working on this project by Wednesday, October 14, 2015, by completing the online submission form. For questions regarding submissions contact Kate McCarthy-Gilmore, Assistant Professor of Spanish, at
(563)-588-7808 or at Kate.McCarthy-Gilmore@loras.edu.
- Creative writing proposals: Submit a 300-word abstract and the complete work(s) by Wednesday, October 14, 2015, via the online submission form. Poetry submissions: maximum of 3 poems may be submitted. A poem should be no longer than 7 pages. For questions regarding submissions contact Kate McCarthy-Gilmore, Assistant Professor of Spanish, at (563)-588-7808 or at Kate.McCarthy-Gilmore@loras.edu.
- Note: abstracts and complete papers must be submitted by October 14.
- Participants will be notified of selection by Saturday, October 24, 2015.
- Please note: submissions longer than 7 pages in length will not be accepted. Limit: three submissions per person.
Suggested paper/presentation topics (in English or Spanish):
- Literature of the Americas
- British literature
- Global/world literature
- Modern languages
- Creative writing
- Women’s studies
- Literacy studies
- Women’s literature
- Literary theory
- Teaching language/literature/writing
REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE
If you are not submitting a paper proposal, but are interested in attending the conference, click here to register by November 6. Cost for the event is $25 to cover the cost of meals. Registration will not be accepted after November 6.
LODGING FOR STREAMLINES 2015
A block of rooms has been reserved at Hampton Inn for Friday, November 13 and Saturday, November 14, 2015. Single or double occupancy for a flat rate of $96.00. Free hot breakfast available 6 -10 am. Reservations must be made by November 5. Call 563.690.2005 and ask for the Streamlines block of rooms.