The communication department prepares students cognitively, emotionally and ethically to evolve as distinguished professionals who contribute to the local, national and international communities under the umbrella of a liberal arts education.
- Identify and explain the latest theories and practical applications in the field of communication.
- Demonstrate competency in information technology and visual communication.
- Apply communication theory and skills utilizing various resources and methods of inquiry.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and to think critically within the field of communication and related professions e.g., journalism, public relations and advertising.
- Conceptualize and engage in ethical decision making as it is informed by spiritual values and practice in the diverse and increasingly global field of communication.