The Clarke University Communication Department prepares students for careers as distinguished communication professionals through educational processes that focus on the knowledge, skills and critical abilities that define career- ready graduates and enable them to continue as lifelong learners. Our graduates will be guided by the best standards of ethical practice and make substantive contributions to their local, national and international communities.
Communication graduates will be able to:
- Discuss substantively traditional and emerging theories in Communication and apply those theories to contemporary issues in Communication;
- Demonstrate verbal competency in writing and speaking at a level that prepares them for fulfilling careers in the Communication field or advanced study beyond the baccalaureate;
- Demonstrate visual literacy and an understanding of visual language that will enable them to work productively in their chosen careers;
- Demonstrate understanding of strategic management and leadership issues relevant to a range of professional fields;
- Make ethical decisions informed by spiritual values and legal precedent;
- Conduct effective research at a level that provides the basis for strong career preparation or advanced study.