The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act (PL 101-542) mandates that colleges and universities disclose certain information concerning campus crime statistics.
Following are directions to access the Clarke University Campus Crime and Fire Statistics Report for the calendar year 2010:
- Visit http://ope.ed.gov/security/index.aspx. (Note: This will direct you to the Department of Education Web site).
- In the right sidebar, click on the link Get data for one institution/campus.
- Under Name of Institution, type Clarke University.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Search button.
- Once the new page appears, click on the link Clarke University under the Institution/Campus heading.
- After the crime statistics appear, take note of the various statistics linked within the gray bar. These include Criminal Offenses, Hate Crimes, Arrests, Disciplinary Actions and Fire Statistics from the last three years.
Clarke University provides security services. The security staff may be contacted by dialing 6393 on any campus phone or by calling (563)588-6393 from any off-campus phone. In case of an emergency requiring medical services, fire, or police, always call 911 and then immediately notify campus security.
Programs and activities to heighten awareness of safety and crime prevention are sponsored throughout the year by security and residence life.
Policies related to safety and security are found in the student handbook.
Additional Safety Information
The Higher Education Act now requires that all members of the campus community be notified about additional safety information.
The information below is available by clicking the corresponding link:
Missing Student Notification Policies
Fire Safety Information
Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures
Clarke University's complete Emergency Response Guide can be found by clicking here.
Previous Year Statistics
2011 Crime Statistics
2010 Crime Statistics
2009 Crime Statistics
2008 Crime Statistics
2007 Crime Statistics
2006 Crime Statistics
2005 Crime Statistics
2004 Crime Statistics
2003 Crime Statistics
2002 Crime Statistics
2001 Crime Statistics
2000 Crime Statistics